Christopher Tamigi Of Counsel
(On Leave of Absence)
Mr. Tamigi joined Norris Echetebu Law as a Senior Associate in 2018, bringing with him an exceptional international business background. Chris has over 15 years’ experience in international corporate compliance and structuring, cross-border commercial litigation, and financial transactions. Fluent in Italian and Spanish, Chris is also a prize-winning literary translator with Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing which gives him unique insight and specialized knowledge of intellectual property and copyright matters.
Chris is originally from the New York city area. He began his US law career in New Orleans, Louisiana working at a medical malpractice defense firm where he gained experience in litigation. Chris went on to work in Washington, DC on complex transnational litigation and compliance cases involving multinational corporations. This gave Chris the opportunity to apply his language skills and to gain knowledge and experience with international finance and US corporate regulations.
Most recently, Chris also has expertise in US immigration law and is now the firm’s Kiwi E-1/E-2 Treaty Visa Specialist. Since the KIWI Act went into effect in June 2019, with his keen attention to detail from a background in corporate law and litigation Chris has already filed several successful E-Treaty visas for New Zealanders. Working with the firm’s Immigration Partner Ada, Chris has successfully helped to establish Norris Echetebu Law as the “Go-To” firm for Kiwi E-1/E-2 Treaty legal services, giving each E-Treaty client the individual care and attention to detail required for successful applications.
Chris relocated to Auckland in March 2019. Outside of work his interests include history, literature, live music, international travel and learning about different cultures.
- State of Louisiana (admitted 2003);
- District of Columbia (admitted 2007).
- Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) in Literary Translation (University of Arkansas, USA);
- Doctor or Jurisprudence (J.D., Tulane University Law School, USA);
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Italian, Magna Cum Laude (Tulane University, USA).
- Member: American Chamber of Commerce New Zealand
- Member: American Literary Translators Society
Awards and Distinctions:
- 2017 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grant
- 2014, 2015 Lily Peter Fellowship for Translation
- 2014 American Literary Translators Association travel grant for emerging translators
- 2002 CALI Excellence for Future Award in Evidence