“When a client comes to me with a complex issue, my mind immediately goes into overdrive. There is nothing that makes me more satisfied than finding a solution where one was not thought to exist. I truly believe that all my life experiences, my travels, the people I’ve met from all walks of life, and the clients I’ve worked for, all have contributed to my ability to be a successful problem-solver.”
Ada Echetebu is an experienced American lawyer and heads the firm’s US business immigration, US markets’ strategy, and US entertainment law practice. Ada supports the firm’s clients in tactical and complex deal strategies and negotiations, growth strategy and management, and in US regulatory advice. With a strong background in commercial litigation and business law, Ada has earned a reputation with both clients and peers, as an effective, tactical, and creative negotiator and strategist. She is also an experienced public speaker and a regular US law contributor to the Auckland Law District Society Journal and to the American Chamber of Commerce New Zealand’s monthly newsletter’s US Law Section.
Ms. Echetebu serves on the Board of Directors of the American Chamber of Commerce New Zealand. She also chairs the organization’s Future Committee, and where she works to increase diversity in the organization’s membership, and to ensure that the organization continues to endure and grow well into the future. In this role, Ms. Echetebu helped found, and serves on the founding committee of the organization’s first Women’s Chapter.
Ms. Echetebu moved to Auckland, New Zealand in 2011. Prior to that she lived in Houston, Texas, USA, the U.K., Europe, and Nigeria. She considers herself a proud Texan woman with vested interests in promoting and strengthening trade and investment ties between the United States, New Zealand and Australia. She enjoys spending her free time with her family and friends, international travel and learning about different cultures and histories, the performing arts, live music shows, reading, and entertaining at home.
- The State of Texas, USA (admitted November 2003);
- The Federal District Courts of the United States (admitted April 2004).
- Master of Laws (LL.M., Honors) in International Corporate and Commercial Law (University of Auckland Faculty of Law, New Zealand);
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D., Tulane University Law School, USA);
- Bachelor of Arts (Bryn Mawr College, USA).
- Member: American Immigration Law Association;
- Member: International Law Sections of the Texas State Bar;
- Member: American Chamber of Commerce New Zealand.