Zachary D. Norris Founding Partner
Mr. Norris heads the firm’s US business law, international corporate structuring, and international commercial transactions practice. Mr. Norris also supports his clients’ other US business and personal interests by providing a wide range of legal services such as US business immigration, trademarks, copyright, as well as commercial and civil litigation. He is particularly passionate about helping New Zealand and Australian companies succeed in the US markets.
Prior to co-founding Norris Echetebu Law, Mr. Norris was a successful litigator who focused on complex commercial litigation as well as personal injury litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants. His background in multimillion-dollar litigation in the federal courts of the United States and in the state courts of Texas provided him with invaluable insight into commercial risk mitigation, smart and sophisticated negotiation skills, as well as a value for diligent and vigorous client representation.
Mr. Norris hails from West Texas in the United States. He lived in Houston, Texas prior to moving to Auckland, New Zealand in 2011. He is an experienced public speaker, a first chair jury trial lawyer, and is a regular US Law contributor to the Auckland Law District Society journal and the American Chamber of Commerce New Zealand’s monthly newsletter. He also is a US law commentator to various New Zealand media outlets.
- The State of Texas, USA (admitted November 2002);
- The Federal District Courts of the United States;
- Qualified Member of the Auckland District Law Society.
- Master of Laws (LL.M., Hons) in International Commercial Law and Dispute Resolution (University of Auckland Faculty of Law, New Zealand);
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D., University of Texas School of Law, USA);
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Honors College, Magna Cum Laude (B.A., Hons., Texas Tech University, USA).